LSN may become free
You are here: Stellar Forces > Non-Stellar Forces related > LSN may become free
- Just in case anyone is interested (but please don't go abandoning this game just yet!) Laser Squad Nemesis may be free soon.
- I read about this a couple of days ago too. Seriously though, I would much rather play Stellar Forces than LSN. Obviously SF isn't as polished as LSN, but I really do enjoy the retro look and feel it has similar to Rebelstar and Laser Squad which I loved so much as a kid. I'm not just talking about graphics on the client, but even the look of the lobby, the map, the old traditional missions, weapons and even unit names brings back all the good old memories. Also the versatility it has, and the fact we have such a great creator in Steve who is so keen and enthusiastic, and listens to and acts on our opinions.
JG was a legend in his time, and has created a legacy we will be eternally grateful for, but it is blatantly obvious he has little or no interest in LSN anymore. Maybe now completely free of LSN I hope he goes on to create something new and great, but personally I haven't felt attached to anything of his since he created X-COM. His earlier games had something magical about then. They had so much untapped potential which Stellar Forces is now really beginning to tap into.
My biggest surprise is that more people haven't jumped ship from LSN already and found themselves here. Maybe they will given more time, or maybe LSN going free could be a slight setback for the growth of SF. Either way, so long as Steve keeps developing this great game then I won't be going anyway. (so watch your back monkey boy, lol) :)
Posted by Deadlime
9 years ago [Login to reply]
- I have played LSN in trial versions. I think the complexity of the game gives less gameplay and fun. Fairly i prefer SF than LSN because its fun, quick, easy and has a Great person, Developer and Friend behind it. Keep on going Steve :)
Posted by PCasaca
9 years ago [Login to reply]
- Thanks for all your kind comments (although I can assure you Deadlime that the "retro" look was not deliberate!).
Yeah, JG is a bit of legend and I hope you're right. I did read recently about what he's been doing in the last few years; I'll see if I can dig up the link, but I remember it had nothing to do with writing any strategy games unfortunately.
I've only mentioned SF on the LSN forums twice I think, so maybe I need to mention it a bit more, but I don't want to be accused of spamming it. But SF is here to stay so hopefully it can only get bigger!
- I wonder, did this actually happen?
Posted by Meathir
4 years ago [Login to reply]
This topic has now been closed.
©2019 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
For help & support, please visit the forums. Note that emails may be read by the NSA/Tempora for security purposes. Hello to Jason Isaacs!