You are here: Stellar Forces > New Features > Game ID
- It might be nice to publicize the game ID on the My Games or All Games page. That way, when talking about games, we will have a good reference point.
On that point, in our current game, I experienced my first crash of the client. I did the same thing the second time, and it ran through fine. I noticed that I had to start back at the beginning of my turn. So I was able to get a little extra knowledge there. Might be an exploitable occurrence you might want to try and limit.
- I'll add that game ID thingie. I did have it on originally, but thought it served no purpose so I removed it.
As regards the error, it's strange that that should have happened, since if the client loses connection with the server, it stops straight away (for the reasons you give). There should be a file in the root directory called error_log.txt or something - can you email it to me?
- So, our game 19...I think I'm toast. ;)
I like some of the changes in the client, like number of APs and the required amount for opp fire in good.
I find I'm still mis-calculating though, and I think the APs required to change to, arm, and throw grenades may be a little high. What is an AP supposed to represent? How much time?
Also, I think I noticed a line when I threw my last grenade, I'll take a closer look next time I get to throw one (as I threw this one into a wall by mistake) and see if it shows the travel path.
I didn't have an error log file in my directory. Would it have gone anywhere outside of the root of the program?
- I'm doing lots of tweaks constantly to the website and the client program, so hopefully there will be lots of nice improvements to make the experience a bit better.
I don't really know the best way to explain AP's. It's not really a unit of time, since different units have different amounts of AP's. I guess it's just a means of representing how quickly a unit can move, taking into account how much "game time" each turn takes up.
What exactly happened during the crash? Did it just freeze?
- During the crash, it just froze up, and I had to Force Quit. Maybe I should have used the word froze and not crash. :)
Maybe instead of APs as a unit of time, instead tell me how long a turn is. That might help with the scaling of APs in my head. Like....does each turn represent 3 seconds?
- I don't suppose you saw any special text on the HUD, like "contact lost with server"?
I suppose you could say that each turn represents (say) 5 seconds, and APs are a way to guage how much a unit can do in that time.
This topic has now been closed.
©2019 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
For help & support, please visit the forums. Note that emails may be read by the NSA/Tempora for security purposes. Hello to Jason Isaacs!