Going strong since 2009! (With the graphics to prove it)
You are here: Stellar Forces > New Features
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under New Features
- I'm now getting slow movement too. I move a man and he jumps like a flea catching up with his orders. It is spoiling the game when you got a lot of troops to deal with.
- It doesn't render the game unplayable, just frustrating! I'm using a HP touchpad, its ancient.....
- Damn, that's disappointing. I'll see if I've got an old Android phone lying around and see if I can recreate the problem.
- I'm getting bad lag with animation eg shooting, throwing grenades etc but the rest is fine such as menus and troop movement.
- I am using Android 4.2 on an ancient tablet, but until recently it worked brilliantly!
- Since the recent update, I'm getting a lag on movement, makes it hard to play. I press to move and it sticks, responding five or more seconds later. And when a unit fires or throws an item, it now happens in slow motion, like bullet time in the matrix!
- That's another change I forgot to mention. Glad you noticed! For some reason, later versions of Android caused the game to run slower, so I changed the way it draws things. The scanner should be faster too, especially on Colony missions.
- Movement is no longer slow, in fact now, even though I know it is just back to normal, they appear as if they have rockets up their back sides.
- I've just released a new version of the client. No major changes, but I've changed the way it communicates with the server in the hope that it fixes the problems that some people have been having with logging in.
- There's been another client release a few weeks ago, but it was just to update the version of the Android SDK, so no new features specific to the client. You can't improve on perfection. :)
- I've got no problem myself with adding features that were not in the original game, as long as they improve the game. I think airstrikes would be too powerful; it would be like giving a player lots of rockets to fire in one go. The idea of resource management sounds good though, and might be a way to improve the campiagn.
- If it deviates too far from its base then it loses its brilliant replica.
If it's not broke don't fix it. Not all change is an improvement. Needs to be done gradual. That's my humble opinion.
- It has been mentioned before but been rejected because it would alter the dynamics of the game too radically. This game is based on Laser Squad and and to stay true to that it needs to stay within the original. I would like to see shotguns introduced. Was that in the original? Can't remember but that would still be in the boundary.
- Not sure how feasible this is and/or whether it's come up before but it might be interesting to have the option of calling in artillery/air strikes... you call in a spot, & after a (slightly unpredictable?) # of turns, something hits. Would probably be disallowed for many scenarios, of course...
Also, having a limited supply of arty/air strikes in campaign mode might add another resource-management element to it?
- Address is http://gamejolt.com/games/stellarforces/248481 for the download. Please let me know if it doesn't work on your system!
©2019 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
For help & support, please visit the forums. Note that emails may be read by the NSA/Tempora for security purposes. Hello to Jason Isaacs!