Going strong since 2009! (With the graphics to prove it)
You are here: Stellar Forces > New Features
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under New Features
- There's been another client release a few weeks ago, but it was just to update the version of the Android SDK, so no new features specific to the client. You can't improve on perfection. :)
- I've got no problem myself with adding features that were not in the original game, as long as they improve the game. I think airstrikes would be too powerful; it would be like giving a player lots of rockets to fire in one go. The idea of resource management sounds good though, and might be a way to improve the campiagn.
- If it deviates too far from its base then it loses its brilliant replica.
If it's not broke don't fix it. Not all change is an improvement. Needs to be done gradual. That's my humble opinion.
- It has been mentioned before but been rejected because it would alter the dynamics of the game too radically. This game is based on Laser Squad and and to stay true to that it needs to stay within the original. I would like to see shotguns introduced. Was that in the original? Can't remember but that would still be in the boundary.
- Not sure how feasible this is and/or whether it's come up before but it might be interesting to have the option of calling in artillery/air strikes... you call in a spot, & after a (slightly unpredictable?) # of turns, something hits. Would probably be disallowed for many scenarios, of course...
Also, having a limited supply of arty/air strikes in campaign mode might add another resource-management element to it?
- Address is http://gamejolt.com/games/stellarforces/248481 for the download. Please let me know if it doesn't work on your system!
- I've just released a new version of the PC client. No big changes, but some bugfixes, UI improvements etc..
- I see, no problem. I'll keep the jar available as that works.
- I'm sure it works, Steve, but currently i do not own any Windows operating system licence and as i refuse piracy because it is evil i have no choice but running Linux. Android is OK, it is a nice Linux distribution, but it is very limited to protect the average user against the greatest danger of all in the digital world, himself, so it would be very interesting for me to find a way to run SF under a decent Linux, that way it would not be necessary for me to reboot the computer two times to make my SF moves. Please do not pay any attention to my issues, i just post all these comments just in case any other player who is also a Linux user could find them useful.
- I've just tried the 32-bit version myself and it works fine. I'm guessing the problems you seem to be having are localised on your computer. :)
- Interesting enough, i couldn't download the zip file from Google Drive with Chrome on Linux, got "network errors" not present when downloading with Firefox.
- The 32 bit version does not work with my setup either, but i found an interesting reading about running Android apps on linux using the Chrome browser: https://www.linux.com/learn/installing-android-apps-linux-archon
- Okay, to avoid posting loads of links here, I've put the 32/64bit downloads online now, on GameJolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/stellarforces/248481
- Thanks. BTW, I've just created a 32-bit release which can be downloaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B30cCb4AXBw0YVZWUnBlRmdNOUE .
- That explains everything, my EEEPC is 64 bit but Wine emulates Win32 only.The .jar seems the way to go for me, shall keep you informed.
©2018 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
For help & support, please visit the forums. Note that emails may be read by the NSA/Tempora for security purposes. Hello to Jason Isaacs!