You are here: Stellar Forces > Missions
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under Missions
- 13. He only played PUBG, fortinite... I gave him CIV 6, Stellaris and this. Hi tried on laser squad online too. (Lazer squad or something like that)
- Congratulations DevilDick how old is he?
- My son won his first mission against AI...yeah
- Maybe a new skill like stealth or medic: Flatulence! Can put it out by breaking wind. Yeah I'm getting silly now.
- Actually their arse on fire hopping about.
- I agree with Pete on incendiary. It seems like men have just their coat on fire, they can still run about and kill. I would like the damage increased although the cost would have to increase in proportion. But I'm okay with it staying the same although I would favour the above.
As I said below, and Pete and Rost concur, nerve gas is fine as it is in my opinion. Although it is more like tear gas than a nerve agent. But perhaps I'm being pedantic.:)
As for the flamethrower, always thought it a ridiculously poor weapon. The guy who uses it usually dies after because it has just singed his opponent's hair. Waft of keratin. Eww! Okay I'm being facetious. But it should kill immediately or at least badly wound.
- Think about it.
- I don't about the incendiary grenades because all this running around on fire is a bit silly. I won battle royale with my last man on fire. I managed to shoot 3 units with my unit moving about and I possessed no armour. My grandfather was fireman in London during the blitz and had to deal with the effects of incendiaries. There was no running about. The same with the use of flamethrowers during the Second World War and in Vietnam. Truly a devastating weapon. I'm not to bothered by precise realism in this game but the points I made are reasonable within the context of an abstract strategy game. A modest increase in damage or damage area is seriously worth considering.
- I agree with Steve.
I think the characteristics of nerve gas and fire do not need to be changed
- My own view on nerve gas is that it does the job. It's cheap and it covers a wide area, but doesn't do too much damage. If it were too powerful, they would effectively be "normal" grenades but with a wider area.
Regarding incediary grenades, part of me wonders if they are too powerful, since once a unit has caught fire they are effectively dead. If an opponent throws one into a crowd of your men, it's game over. And they seem to burn for ages! The argument about fire extenguishers is similar to arguments about gas masks for nerve gas: IIRC we decided it shouldn't really be an option since it either adds too much "luck" to the game, (i.e. if you were lucky enough to pack gas masks for the mission) or means that players should always pack gas masks "just in case".
- I'd love to do a Kickstarter and get all that lovely money, but I don't think I could maintain my interested constantly for a long enough period to justify it. I do add things to SF and fix it here and there when problems come up, but I am also easily distracted and often start developing other games, which backers might not be too happy about.
- Of course. Steve is from England
- Delboy said *it first to Rodders
- Delboy said first to Rodney
- Steve, kistart it
©2020 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
Stellar Forces Web Server 1.9 For help & support, please visit the forums.